10 Steps to Solve Unifi D-Link Router Wireless Connection Problem
Having problem with your Unifi D-Link router wireless connection? Common problems like:
- You are able to connect Internet with LAN cable but not able to detect any wireless connection from your router.
- You can detect and connect the wireless connection via iPhone, iPad or other tables.
- Your laptop/pc can detect other wireless connections.
- Sometimes Unifi dlink router wireless connection is connectable but sometimes not.
If you’re facing problems as stated above, here’s a simple solution to solve Unifi D-Link router wireless connection problem.
- Connect your laptop/pc to router via a LAN cable.
- Open any Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer).
- In the address bar, type http://192.168.0.1/. Then press enter.
- If you have a custom username and password, key in and press "Login". Otherwise,
Password: telekom (or the password could be blank)
- On the left menu, click "Wireless Setup".
- Click "Manual Wireless Connection Setup" button.
- Go to "Wireless Network Global Settings" section.
- Uncheck "Enable Auto Channel Selection".
- Set the "Wireless Channel" number to 11.
- Click "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the page.
Your router will reboot and it will take about 2 to 3 minutes. After that, you should be able to detect the Wifi and connect it. This settings will not affect the Internet speed.
If there are too many people using the same channel in your area then it’s better to change a different channel for better wireless signal.