Computer Does Not Start Properly? Install The XP Recovery Console
The Recovery Console is a command line (similar to DOS) that provides a long list of commands that you can use to troubleshoot/fix your computer when your computer does not start properly or does not start at all.
If you can’t get into safe mode, you should consider using the Recovery Console.
Installing the Recovery Console on your system takes up around 7MB of disk space. To install the Recovery Console on your system follow these steps:
1. Insert your Windows XP CD in the drive, and click ‘Exit’ when the installation options are displayed.
2. Click on the Start button and select Run.
3. If your CD-ROM drive is labeled “E:”, type in ‘E:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons’ and click OK.
4. Follow the instructions to install the Recovery Console.
5. When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
The Recovery Console will show up in the list of available operating systems in the boot menu. To use the Recovery Console, you will need administrator privileges.
Subscribe to get free latest updates by email. Like our Facebook Page.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.