Enhance 404 Pages With Google Widget
“Page Not Found 404 Error” is occurred when
- Visitors try to reach a non-existent page on your site
- Visitors have clicked on a broken link
- The page has been deleted
- Visitors have mistyped a URL
A 404 page is called that because in response to a request for a missing page, webservers send back a HTTP status code of 404 to indicate that a page is not found.
If you have not customize the error page, Google Webmaster has released an “Enhance 404 pages” widget for you to create a custom 404 page with helpful suggestions instead of error messages.
What It Does
“Enhance 404 pages” widget adds a search box for your site with appropriate search suggestions and provides alternatives to incorrect URLs.
For an example. If a visitor misspell the URL http://www.example.com/news/recentt, “Enhance 404 pages” widget will display the following:
How To Implement It
- Go to Google Webmaster Central
- Select a site from the dashboard if you’re moderating multiple sites.
- Clicking on Tools > Enhance 404 pages
If you’re having a blog, I urge you to to custom your 404 pages with “Enhance 404 pages” widget for better user experience purpose.
Subscribe to get free latest updates by email. Like our Facebook Page.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.