Insert Symbol Quickly by Using Character Map
If you’ve ever wanted to know how to enter a trademark or copyright symbol, find the right Wingding, or the keyboard shortcut for an em dash, then you should check out this tool – Character Map.
Here’s the steps on how to run this program:
1. Go to “Start” -> “Accessories” -> “System Tools” -> “Character Map“.
2. Select the font of the symbol that you would like to insert into your text field.
3. Choose the symbol by clicking its icon.
4 . If there’s a shortcut for inserting this particular symbol, you can find it at the right bottom of the program. For example, Keystroke: Alt+0176 means Press and hold the alternative button on your keyboard, then press 0, 1, 7, 6. After you release the alternative button, the symbol will be inserted in your text field.
5. There is another option for you to insert the symbol instead of using shortcut keys. Double click your desire symbol, then click the “Copy” button.
6. In your text field, right click your mouse and select “Paste“.
Here’s the shortcut keys for a few widely use symbols.
Â® = Alt + 0174
Â© = Alt + 0169
Â° = Alt + 0176
Â² = Alt + 0178
Â³ = Alt + 0179
â€¢ = Alt + 0149
Ã· = Alt + 0247
Ã— = Alt + 0215
Subscribe to get free latest updates by email. Like our Facebook Page.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.