Restoring Your Hard Drive from a Backup
Yesterday I talked about backing up your hard drive. Today let’s see how to restore your hard drive from a backup.
1. Click on the Start button and navigate to ‘Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Backup’.
2. Insert the removable media disk that contains your backup.
3. Click on the Next button.
4. Select ‘Restore Files And Settings’ then click Next.
5. Select the appropiate backup and items to restore then click Next.
6. Click on the Finish button.
7. Once the restore has completed you may need to reboot your computer for any changes to take affect.
Are you wondering why don’t we just set a System Restore point to secure our computer? System Restore will not 100% functioning when your computer is infected by virus or can’t be started properly(neither normal startup nor safe mode).
However, you can run Restore from a backup after you reinstall OS(translate:reformat pc). It returns you whatever you have backed up earlier.
Subscribe to get free latest updates by email. Like our Facebook Page.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.